It’s been an eventful year with the global economy. Personal finance is becoming a more important topic to discuss and learn. I really believe 2009 will be a big year for many personal finance. The economy won’t be fixed overnight and people will have to be more conscious of their spending if they want to ride this through.
Do you need tips for 2009? Mara has already got a list compiled to help you jump start your finances. check out her post New Cash For The New Year 2009: Tips From Top Money Bloggers.
There was a tremendous amount of great information in 2008 for personal finance. I searched over 100 personal finance posts to find a great collection of articles that are helpful for this reflective round up. Thank you to all the bloggers who put such an effort writing and thanks to the wonderful readers who have been following us.
There are over 60 personal finance articles are included, so pick and choose which interest you the most. Any a particular post? Leave a comment on the blog to let them know.
I asked some bloggers to share their favorite posts from this past yea. A few were kind enough to give their thoughts.
- How to Increase the Odds of Getting Anything You Want
- Top 5 Online Banks: Savings or Checking Accounts
- Things I Learned Living on a Budget
- How to Be a Woman
- Never Mind a New Economic Stimulus Package – Save Yourself!
- Free Spreadsheets to Track Blog or Freelance Income
Finances and Budgeting
- The Debt-to-Income Ratio: How Much House Can You Afford?.
- Top 10 Wealth Building Ways Of Ordinary People
- 10 Commitments You Should Make for Your Own Financial Success
- How to Talk to Your Teenager About Personal Finance
- 10 Phases to Financial Freedom
- 10 Ways to Simplify Your Finances
- By Taking Control of My Finances, I Took Back Control of My Life
- The Pros and Cons of Credit Cards
- What Happens To Student Accounts After Graduation?
- So I Have This Friend (or, on mooching)
Economy & Taxes
- Would the “Fair Tax” Gut the Economy?
- 75 Money Saving Tips to Survive a Down Economy
- Economic Progress and the Role of Government
- What Caused The Financial Crisis Of 2008?
- Tax Considerations for Student Loan Interest
- Tax Mistakes
- Some renters being affected by foreclosures
- 401k Loan Double Taxation Myth
- How To Value Your Clothing Donations and Get A Tax Deduction
- Weathering the Current Financial Storms
- Alternative Minimum Tax Relief
Frugality & Do It Yourself Projects
- 10 Ways To Get Free Food in College
- The ABCs of Frugality: 26 Key Frugal Concepts
- Maximize Your Car’s Efficiency With ‘Hypermiling’
- 75 Frugal Hacks for Your Home
- How to Save on Gas (35 Tips Inside)
- An Illustrated Frugal Lunch
- How Frugality Has Become the New Fashion
- The Little Things Do Matter: Twelve Little Hacks That Add Up To A Lot
- Do not ask and you shall not receive
- The Stupid Passport Photo Ripoff
- 10 Ways To Make Your Stuff Feel New Again
- Grocery Saving Tips
- 10 Steps to Break the Credit Card Habit
- Back To The Basics : How To Get Out Of Debt
- Developing A Snowflaking Mentality
- The Rush of Paying Off a Debt
- Getting Debt Free Today: Not Gonna Happen
- Saving vs. Debt Reduction
Investing & Retirement
- Your 401k losing money? Here’s what to do
- How to Profit from a Stock Market Crash
- Investing – Do Your OWN Research
- Creating a Retirement Withdrawal Plan
- Roth IRA Versus Traditional – Which is Better?
- Switching from Index Mutual Funds to ETFs
- You Want To Retire Someday – How Much Should You Save Today and Should You Bother?
- How to Tell if You Have a Bad 401k Plan
- Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA)
- What Is The Dow?
Saving and Wealth Building
- 29 Steps I Took to Leave the Workforce at Age 29
- The Big List: 1,019 Different Ways To Save Money.
- Intro to Passive Income, Popular Ways of Getting It and Mindset You Need to Start Creating It
- Save money on your hospital bills just by asking
- Five Tried and True Financial Fundamentals
- Why You Don’t Save Money (Even Though You Know It’s The Right Thing To Do)
- How to Cure Obsessive-Compulsive 401(k) Checking
- Creative strategies for coping with rising costs
- How Many of You Have Part-Time Jobs?
- Making Extra Money
- How The Happy Rock Went Bold
I hope your weekend goes well. Take care!
Photo Credit: coda